today we released the second beta version of Z-Push 2. Notes
This version fixes several issues reported for the beta1.
Nokia phones should now be able to connect and synchronize.
We would like to thank everybody who contributed with testing and reporting of issues! Please continue that way.Additional notes
When updating from beta1 no additional actions are necessary.
The states from Z-Push 1.x or previous 2.0 alpha versions are not compatible.
You should remove these states when updating.
Z-Push 2 implements full automatic re-synchronising of the device
when states are missing or faulty, so this should not be an issue.
The default state directory is /var/lib/z-push, the default log directory /var/log/z-push.
Please create these directories and make them writeable for Apache
or change the configuration parameters to fit your needs.
Be aware that if you are using LOGLEVEL_DEBUG and LOGLEVEL_WBXML Z-Push will be quite talkative,
so it is advisable to use log-rotate on the log file.Changes
- implemented: Default policies to be applied (Mantis #589)
- added: Use mutex when writing to usercache in FileStatemachine (Mantis #588)
- added: Option to z-push-admin to reset loop detection (Mantis #608)
- changed: Refactored RequestProcessor (Mantis #591)
- fixed: Error when executing z-push-top or admin without permissions to log file (Mantis #612)
- fixed: GetItemEstimate without valid state should return error status (Mantis #581)
- fixed: Usage instructions of z-push-admin can be misinterpreted (Mantis #600)
- fixed: Switching from limited sync to full sync changes nothing (Mantis #613)
- fixed: Last ping cycle should not cause the request to be longer than the lifetime (Mantis #596)
- fixed: Touchdown does not work if provisioning is disabled (Mantis #594)
- implemented: WasteBasket support (deleted emails are moved there) (Mantis #573)
- fixed: Android calendar is not working (Mantis #602)
- fixed: Reply/forward flags are not set after answering an email on Android (Mantis #604)
- fixed: Errors when deleting a folder on a mobile (Mantis #626)
- fixed: Emails sent from mobiles stay in Outbox folder (Mantis #605)
- fixed: Tasks and SyncMeetingRequest reminder flag should always be set (Mantis #617)
- fixed: iOS 5 tasks' due vs. start date prevent synchronization (Mantis #598)
- fixed: Only first of multiple lines of a note's body is saved on the server (Mantis #599)
- fixed: Changed notes of appointment not saved on the server (Mantis #601)
- fixed: SyncObject->Check() should not set reminder if no reminder is set for appointment (Mantis #569)
- changed: Authenticated messages not to be logged on INFO level (Mantis #619)
- fixed: Iconv conversion from UTF7 does not work (Mantis #574)
The version is available at: http://z-push.sourceforge.net/download
Your feedback is highly appreciated and requested.
Z-Push dev team